Senior Employee Employment Contracts
Employment is the relationship where a person (“employee”) agrees with another entity (“employer”) to follow their reasonable directions at particular times in exchange for payment (“pay”, “wages”, “salary” etc.). Employment is a very common, long-established legal relationship. It is subject to extensive statutory and case law:
- Employment gives rise to certain rights between the parties relating to matters of social policy, such as limits on minimum wages, working hours, holidays, an entitlement to payment in many circumstances, e.g. sickness, parental situations, and also on termination of employment in many circumstances (e.g. Redundancy)
- British Law protects some employment relationships so that they cannot be varied other than by certain methods
- Tax authorities commonly require the employer to deduct from and account for Income Tax and employees’ National Insurance contributions from pay
- All of the foregoing is subject to obligations on the employer to record, report and account for employment in particular ways. This is commonly undertaken by payroll services).
Where the relationship is employment, the parties will wish to, and are legally obliged to, specify the many terms in their relationship - this is especially true of senior employees expected to become a valuable party of the employer’s business. In any case, the law implies a duty on an employer (with a penalty for breach) to provide a written statement of certain employment particulars within a short time of employment commencing.
Our employment contract service for more senior employees comprises producing a full contract, including obligations of loyalty and appropriate controls including post-termination obligations not to compete or solicit.
How long will it take?
The time our work takes to conclude will depend on precisely what we are asked to do, but we would generally expect to have taken your instructions within two days of you having bought this product. We would normally expect to have produced a useable template within 4 working days. Special dispatch may be available where necessary at an extra charge.
Our work for you includes:
- Ascertaining from you the full circumstances
- Preparing an appropriate Employment Agreement template
- Advising on the negotiation and execution of that form
- Offering advice and support throughout the process.